Friday, November 26, 2010

I failed in my challenge,not even getting to the starting line. There were however extenuating circumstances. The day promises to be perfect with no wind.

I said if i didn't make the starting line I would just scrap this blog,but too much effort has been put into it and to my surprise I have had almost one thousand hits. I had started it to motivate myself and challenge myself.

Now I have found that I have become a source of information about cyclists of my past and that information doesn't seem to be anywhere else on the Internet. So I have decided to try to add to that and keep writing on my progress in the club races and the Rotorua 100k flyer which I just hope I will be able to do, and improve on my time of three years ago. Lets face it,its a lot easier than 160 ks. round Taupo. Pic. of me doing the 100k flyer in April 2008. Not another cyclist in sight, yet there were others behind me.

2 Comments:

At November 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Julz said...

Sorry that you couldn't be on the start line at Taupo. Was my first time around the lake - fantastic event, extremely HOT day, roads were melting, I suffered 2 punctures, a 20km trip in the Service Van to get me to Kuratau to bike mechanic who got me sorted for rest of journey to the finish line, then got 3rd puncture after crossing the finish! I made it in 9hrs 4mins and completed 140km of cycling (longest distance I've biked)! Disappointed as so wanted to make 8 hrs for first attempt - however there is next year and am even more determined...

Cycle hard (and safe) for your Rotorua 100k flyer.

I really enjoy reading your posts, and learning from you - please keep your blog going :)

Regards
Julz

 
At November 30, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger . said...

Congrats Julz. you did it faster than I did and I only managed one puncture. I can bluff myself that I will try again next year but every year gets harder for me.Train right through this next year and concentrate on hills.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home