Saturday, October 30, 2010

October.

This last month has been a disaster in more ways than one.The wheels have come in my preparation for the challenge and it is now doubtful that I will be at the starting line. Anyway,I look on the bright side. I have got myself fit and that was the primary motivation for doing the challenge. In life I always have a plan B, and this time it is to do the 'Rotorua to Taupo 100k. Flyer'.

The reasons for all this is that I have just been unable to get in any long rides. Elaine has been in and out of hospital several times this last month. Twice going in by ambulance. We decided it was better for her to go and stay with my daughter to be near the hospital till her situation stabilises. I have just brought her home today after two weeks. Well of course there were all the things she used to do in the nursery, cooking meals, and shopping etc,so that began to take a lot of time out of my day, and then of course there were visits to her in hospital. Something had to give. The weather didn't help me either. My training was confined to short intensive rides of around an hour at a time. This month was crucial and had to be done right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home